Blurry vision can affect your eyesight, safety, and productivity. Not only that, but it can also indicate an underlying condition. At Michigan Eyecare in Dearborn, Livonia, and Southfield, MI, we provide comprehensive eye exams to learn more about your eye health and treatment that can help you see clearly. Before visiting us, learn about some causes of blurry vision below:
Causes of Blurry Vision
Aging, allergies, and diabetes can all lead to blurry vision. Some additional causes of blurry vision include:
- Digital Eye Strain: Digital eye strain occurs when you use digital devices for long periods of time. It can often result in uncomfortable symptoms like headaches and neck pain.
- Myopia: Myopia causes objects that are far away appear blurry.
- Hyperopia: This condition causes objects that are further away to appear clearer than those that are close.
- Astigmatism: Astigmatism affects your vision at all distances. You may also have to squint to see items clearly and have difficulty seeing at night.
- Cataracts: Cataracts are common with aging and cause the lens of the eye to become cloudy, which can lead to blurry vision.
- Presbyopia: This condition makes it difficult for those of middle age to clearly see items that are up close.
How Our Eye Doctors Can Help
When you visit us, we will first perform a comprehensive evaluation, which includes reviewing your medical history, performing various tests, and examining your eye health. The evaluation will also help us determine an accurate diagnosis and identify the root cause of your blurry vision. Afterward, we will develop a treatment plan that can help you see clearly. In some cases, we may recommend eyeglasses or contacts. However, our eye doctors may also suggest surgery if it is necessary. While this is more of a permanent solution, it may not be suitable for everyone.
Contact us for an Appointment Today
If you’re experiencing blurry vision that is affecting your daily life, let our team at Michigan Eyecare in Dearborn, Livonia, and Southfield, MI, help. Once we learn more about your condition, we can determine the necessary treatment that will improve your eyesight. To schedule your appointment, contact our Dearborn office at (313) 582-7440, our Livonia office at (734) 464-7800, and our Southfield location at (248) 352-2806.